Monday, October 20, 2008

Inspired by . . .

OK, well I'm starting my blog today and I thought it would be cool to begin with some inspiration. Here are some things that are inspiring me today:


1.Heidi Swapp has created digital scrapbooking items for purchase! Check them out here: digiswapp.com. They are all really cute and very reasonably priced. You can buy a single digital "stamp" for .99!


2. I am enrolled in Jessica Sprague's new class, "Stories in Hand." (See banner at left.) It is a FREE class and it's not just for scrapbookers, either--anyone can join in! So register and take the class with me. I'm so excited because I've never taken one of her classes before and now I'll get a taste of what it's like--for free!


3. This Amy Butler mini book kit!



I can't wait to fill it with pictures of the people I love--I will keep it in my purse as a reminder to "give myself the present." This was a campaign that was a "blog blitz" on the scrapbooking blogs a week or so ago. Here's the idea--make a little book of pictures from your life right now--people and things you love, things you are blessed with, etc. Every time you come across it take it out and look at it to remind yourself to live in the present. This darling kit was only 4.89 (6.99 on sale at 30% off). I just love Amy Butler. I want to learn to sew just so I can use her fabrics.

And finally,

4. This kit I just received:


I purchased this from Janet Hopkins' Etsy shop. Janet works with Heidi Swapp and she is so amazingly creative! She created these "junk binders" as she calls them. You basically take the "guts" out of the book, install the binder mechanism, then add your own pages in. The colors are so much more beautiful in real life and I just love red! You can see examples of a "junk binder" on her blog.

That's it for now! Have a fabulous Monday!

No comments: