Tuesday, April 14, 2009

39th



Happy birthday to me!

It's my 39th birthday today. I never thought I'd be this old--not that I thought I wouldn't make it to 39, it's just hard to imagine yourself growing older. I still feel about 30 on the inside. . .

My friend Kathy Leonard (who is in her early 60's) says that's the way it is . . . you keep getting older but you still feel 30 inside. You look in the mirror and can't believe it's you . . .

I wish I had some great insight on life to share. I'm still learning, growing, still trying to accept myself and love myself for who I am. Still trying.

I never thought I would be 39 with a 5-year-old! Ryan has enriched my life in so many ways I never thought possible.

I never thought Jeffery would turn 15 on me! Or be driving a car!! He's growing into an amazing young man and I am so proud.

Another milestone this year--Matt and I will be married 10 years in November. It is my good fortune to be sharing this journey with him.

Today I'm just thinking I want to be healthier--I haven't been the healthiest person lately. I just want to take care of myself so I can enjoy my life as I get older . . .

I've also been thinking of my friend Rosa today. Her life was so tragically cut short. She was so vibrant and bubbly, and, mostly, a caring person. Her birthday is exactly 2 weeks after mine so I always remember it. She would have been 39 on April 28th.

So, no matter what joys, miracles, trials and tribulations the next year may bring, it's good to get a chance to experience it all. It's good to be able to watch my children grow up. It's good to be alive today.

No comments: